I earned my Ph.D in Computational and Mathematical Engineering at Stanford University, where I was advised by Prof. Greg Beroza in the Dept. of Geophysics. Prior to starting my graduate studies, I worked in the Biodefense Systems group at MIT-Lincoln Laboratory. I hold a B.Sc. in Applied Mathematics from Brown University and a M.S. in Computational and Mathematical Engineering from Stanford University.
This portfolio contains information about my professional work, including my research projects, teaching experiences, and service activities.
Thanks for visiting!
- November 12, 2018 - I was selected for the 2018 GJI Student Author Award by the Editorial Board of Geophysical Journal International for my recent paper.
- October 9, 2018 - My paper on benchmarks for FAST feature extraction, "Earthquake Fingerprints: Extracting Waveform Features for Similarity-Based Earthquake Detection," was published in Pure and Applied Geophysics.
- September 2018 - New position: Data Science Initiative Postdoctoral Research Fellow at Harvard University in the Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences.
- March 16, 2018 - My paper extending the FAST detection method to multiple stations in a seismic network, "Detecting Earthquakes over a Seismic Network using Single-Station Similarity Measures," was accepted by GJI.
- March 2, 2018 - I passed my thesis defense!
- Title: "Big Data for Small Earthquakes: Detecting Earthquakes Over a Seismic Network with Waveform Similarity Search"
Upcoming and Recent Events:
- December 10-14, 2018 - AGU Fall Meeting in Washington, DC.
- December 7, 2018 - Machine Learning for Geophysical & Geochemical Signals workshop at NIPS in Montreal, Canada.
- June 12-14, 2018 - 2018 IRIS Workshop , Albuquerque. NM.
- February 20-22, 2018 - Machine Learning in Solid Earth Geoscience in Santa Fe, NM.
- January 8-12, 2018 - Fundamentals of Data Science ICME Summer Workshops @ Santiago.
- I will be teaching the Introduction to Machine Learning workshop (with Alex Ioannidis) at Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (UC), Santiago, Chile.
- On 12 January, I will give a seminar, "Scalable Similarity Search for Earthquake Detection," at the Institute for Mathematical and Computational Engineering, UC.