I am a Data Science Initiative Postdoctoral Fellow at Harvard University. I am affiliated with the School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS/Computer Science) and Dept. of Earth and Plantary Sciences (EPS).
I earned my Ph.D in Computational and Mathematical Engineering at Stanford University, where I was advised by Greg Beroza, Professor of Geophysics. Prior to starting my graduate studies, I worked as a research data scientist in the Biodefense Systems group at MIT-Lincoln Laboratory. I hold a B.Sc. in Applied Mathematics from Brown University and a M.S. in Computational and Mathematical Engineering from Stanford University.
This portfolio contains information about my professional work, including my research projects, and teaching experiences.
Thanks for visiting!
- June 25, 2019 - My colleague Clara Yoon's paper, "Unsupervised Large-Scale Search for Similar Earthquake Signals," was published in BSSA.
- Mar 21, 2018 - My review paper, "Machine learning for data-driven discovery in the solid Earth geosciences," was published in Science.
- Nov 12, 2018 - I was selected for the 2018 GJI Student Author Award by the Editorial Board of Geophysical Journal International for my recent paper.
- Mar 2, 2018 - I passed my thesis defense! Title: "Big Data for Small Earthquakes: Detecting Earthquakes Over a Seismic Network with Waveform Similarity Search"
- Dec 9-13, 2019: AGU Fall Meeting in San Francisco, CA.
- Nov 1, 2019: Women in Data Science @ Stanford Earth Workshop at Stanford University.
- Oct 28, 2019: National Academies' Committee on Seismology and Geodymanics Fall Meeting in Washington, DC.
- Oct 14-18, 2019: Workshop on Interpretable Learning in the Physical Sciences at the Institute for Pure and Applied Mathematics, UCLA.
- Sept 27, 2019: UTIG Seminar at the Jackson School of Geosciences, University of Texas at Austin. [ slides ]
- Mar 18-22, 2019: Machine Learning in Solid Earth Geoscience in Santa Fe, NM
- Feb 13, 2019: SSA Policy Briefing in Washington, DC.
- Topic: "Machine Learning in Seismology: Using AI to Improve Earthquake Monitoring," with Zach Ross [ abstract ]
- Dec 7, 2018: Machine Learning for Geophysical & Geochemical Signals workshop at NeurIPS in Montreal, Canada.
- June 12-14, 2018: 2018 IRIS Workshop , Albuquerque. NM.
- Jan 8-12, 2018: Fundamentals of Data Science ICME Summer Workshops @ Santiago.